Mount Pulaski Christian Church exists to fulfill the two greatest commandments given by our Lord Jesus: Loving God and Loving People (Mark 12:28-31). We are also called to fulfill our mandate from Jesus: Reaching the World (Matthew 28:18-20). We believe that these three commands are intertwined. In fact, we cannot love God without loving people, and we cannot love God and people without reaching out to our world, both locally and globally.
Mt. Pulaski Christian Church is a non-denominational church. Local elders are installed by the congregation to independently govern us. MPCC does not belong to any denominational boards, hierarchies, or voting associations. We do, however, develop relationships with other Christian Churches of a similar faith and heritage for support and encouragement.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
- We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate. Jesus Christ shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
- We believe in the personal and bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
- We believe God commands everyone to believe in his Son Jesus, repent of their sins, and be baptized. (Acts 2:38).
- Jesus is the center of all we do and believe
- The Bible is our final authority for faith, thought, and practice
- Grace is at the heart of our message
- We are called to tell others about Jesus
- Followers of Jesus need to be active in a healthy community with one another
- Spiritual disciplines (e.g., worship, prayer, service) develop spiritual maturity